Clients of Philanthropy North Carolina include:
- Nonprofits, advocacy groups, membership organizations.
- Higher education.
- Consulting firms and other businesses serving nonprofits and foundations.
Projects and activities have included:
- Helping to develop a brand and identity for a community foundation.
- Providing strategic communications counseling for a community foundation, a large statewide nonprofit, and a statewide research and advocacy group.
- Writing profiles of students, faculty and alumni for a college capital campaign and university websites.
- Writing profiles of donors for community foundations and a large national cultural institution.
- Writing a case statement for a consulting firm on behalf of a nonprofit client.
- Writing newspaper guest opinion or “op-ed” columns for community foundations and nonprofits.
- Writing web content for community foundations, nonprofits, universities, a nonprofit consulting firm, and a nonprofit vendor.
- Writing fundraising letters and a grant application for nonprofits.
- Writing newsletters for a statewide membership organization, an international relief agency and a nonprofit consulting firm.
- Writing marketing and fundraising materials for a statewide membership organization.
- Writing reports on fundraising trends and moderating a webinar for a leading fundraising technology firm.
- Moderating panel discussions for a regional donors forum.
- Facilitating a board retreat on strategic planning for a nonprofit.
- Writing case studies on marketing strategies used by financial advisers.
- Writing annual reports for a community foundation and a statewide membership organization.
- Writing a history of a statewide education program.
- Creating a crisis communications plan for a statewide nonprofit.
- Writing a strategic plan for a statewide nonprofit.
- Writing scripts for a nonprofit’s annual event and a nonprofit’s gala.
- Writing a case study for an international relief agency on its innovative corporate partnerships.
Todd also speaks on nonprofit trends, fundraising, communications and other issues. Groups he has talked to include:
- The staff of a community foundation.
- A quarterly meeting of agencies funded by a major United Way.
- A work session for college and university vice presidents for advancement and development.
- Monthly meetings of local chapters of the Association of Fundraising Professionals.
- A work session for executive volunteers who consult with nonprofits.
- A workshop for nonprofits working on health and nutrition issues.
- A communications workshop, sponsored by a community foundation, for local nonprofits.
How to reach Todd Cohen: