Clients of Philanthropy North Carolina include:
- Nonprofits, advocacy groups, membership organizations.
- Higher education.
- Consulting firms and other businesses serving nonprofits and foundations.
Projects and activities have included:
- Helping to develop a brand and identity for a community foundation.
- Providing strategic communications counseling for a community foundation, a large statewide nonprofit, and a statewide research and advocacy group.
- Writing profiles of students, faculty and alumni for a college capital campaign and university websites.
- Writing profiles of donors for community foundations and a large national cultural institution.
- Writing a case statement for a consulting firm on behalf of a nonprofit client.
- Writing newspaper guest opinion or “op-ed” columns for community foundations and nonprofits.
- Writing web content for community foundations, nonprofits, universities, a nonprofit consulting firm, and a nonprofit vendor.
- Writing fundraising letters and a grant application for nonprofits.
- Writing newsletters for a statewide membership organization, an international relief agency and a nonprofit consulting firm.
- Writing marketing and fundraising materials for a statewide membership organization.
- Writing reports on fundraising trends and moderating a webinar for a leading fundraising technology firm.
- Writing series of news releases advancing an international conference, and highlighting special grants by a private foundation.
- Writing feature story for an alumni magazine about new initiatives by a center at a university.
- Moderating panel discussions for a regional donors forum.
- Facilitating a board retreat on strategic planning for a nonprofit.
- Writing a case study on a major new initiative by a statewide nonprofit.
- Writing a case study for an international relief agency on its innovative corporate partnerships.
- Writing case studies on marketing strategies used by financial advisers.
- Writing annual reports for a community foundation, a private foundation, and a statewide membership organization.
- Writing a history of a statewide education program.
- Creating a crisis communications plan for a statewide nonprofit.
- Writing a strategic plan for a statewide nonprofit.
- Writing scripts for annual events hosted by community foundation and statewide nonprofit, and for gala hosted by statewide nonprofit.
Todd also speaks on nonprofit trends, fundraising, communications and other issues. Groups he has talked to include:
- The staff of a community foundation.
- A quarterly meeting of agencies funded by a major United Way.
- A work session for college and university vice presidents for advancement and development.
- Monthly meetings of local chapters of the Association of Fundraising Professionals.
- A work session for executive volunteers who consult with nonprofits.
- A workshop for nonprofits working on health and nutrition issues.
- A communications workshop, sponsored by a community foundation, for local nonprofits.
How to reach Todd Cohen: